1835 Market Street
- Suite 1400
PA 19103New York Office
5 Penn Plaza
- 23rd Floor
NY 10001215.569.4595 phone215.568.6603 firstname.lastname@example.org
Teri is a highly skilled commercial litigator who brings a practical, results-oriented and cost-effective approach to resolving sophisticated matters. Teri combines superior judgment and exceptional written and oral advocacy skills to assist her clients with a wide variety of civil matters before state and federal courts and in alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Teri’s practice focuses on commercial contract and business tort litigation, residential and commercial real estate disputes, corporate governance, IP/technology, and labor and employment disputes. Teri also represents clients in investigations conducted by federal and state government agencies, as well as internal corporate investigations.
In her labor and employment practice, Teri has particular expertise in representing employers and individuals in trade secret and restrictive covenant disputes. Teri also assists clients with proactive protection of confidential information through the drafting and implementation of employment agreements, restrictive covenant agreements, and related policies and practices.
Prior to joining Klehr Harrison, Teri was an associate in the New York City office of a large international law firm, practicing in general complex commercial litigation matters. While pursuing her J.D. at Georgetown Law, Teri served as a research assistant to Neal Katyal, former Acting Solicitor General of the United States, with whom she worked on two matters pending before the United States Supreme Court. Teri was also an editor of the Georgetown Law Journal and a member of the Georgetown Law Barristers’ Council.
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude (2009)
University of Pittsburgh, B.S., summa cum laude (2006)
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Pennsylvania Bar Association
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
Phi Beta Kappa
- Successfully defended and negotiated favorable settlement for property management company in suit with vendor over services and fees provided to property’s prior owner.
- Represented owner of a class A commercial complex in downtown Allentown in reverse condemnation action and in various federal constitutional claims arising out of owner’s loss of the building as a result of enactment of an economic opportunity zone.
- Successfully represented tenant in bench trial against landlord arising from inhabitable conditions in her apartment; court’s decision awarded majority of actual damages and enabled tenant to clear debt and relocate to safer housing.
- Facilitated favorable resolution for owner of a high-rise apartment complex in dispute with township over various building codes and regulations following renovation of the property.
- Represented property development company in dispute arising out of former property manager’s breach of management agreement.
- Represented insurance brokerage business in suit against former employees who departed to establish a new company to directly compete with brokerage.
- Represented senior technology company employee in restrictive covenant litigation brought by former employer when employee obtained a new position with a different technology company.
Other Business Disputes
- Successfully defended large regional health care system in suit brought by research-funding company over rights to certain cancer-related research and technology; orchestrated strategy that resulted in voluntary dismissal of all claims asserted against health care system.
- Successfully represented and facilitated favorable settlement for international generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in damages action arising out of $442 million in bonds posted by plaintiff as security for preliminary injunctions entered in underlying patent infringement litigation won by generic manufacturer.
- Successfully represented and facilitated favorable settlement for large regional health care system in dispute with technology vendor arising out of implementation of medical record and practice management software.
- Represented technology services company in dispute with hospital system arising out of design and implementation of data hosting and disaster recovery services.
- Successfully represented partner/shareholder in ownership dispute with major NYC-based real estate development company arising out of the complex, multi-stage sale of the partnership’s assets to the development company.
- Successfully represented and facilitated favorable settlement for regional restaurant owner and operator in litigation brought by construction manager and landlord.
- Member of the Klehr team engaged by University Board of Trustees to conduct internal investigation into propriety of real estate acquisition program.
- Made and responded to Books and Records demands, on behalf of shareholders/members and companies.